Monday, September 17, 2007

Blog 1

My writing process normally is sitting down at a computer and writing. I normally correct mistakes (spelling, grammar,thesaurus-izing) has I go, and when I complete my work I read over and correct any leftover mistakes or reword some parts without printing out a copy. Although, the prewriting process will be different depending on the subject of the work. I writing a summary or insight on a book or story I read the book or story. Then continue in my normal fashion, but my work will most likely contain statements cited from the story. If I am writing about a subject that I already know about, but still require source information, I will find a few statements and put them in with out really reading the works I cited. For papers that I require research but do not have to provide note cards I will use the internet and library to find sources. I will read those sources, but only take random notes on things that are hard to remember like dates, names, quotes, cities, chemical names, and the like. Also, I will get the information needed for the works cited page. If the teacher requires the note cards then I write information that I do not need has fluff to make the teacher happy. And, of course, the information for the works cited page. There has only been a one writing assignment that I chose not to do, and that was about Great Expectations for that teacher I made reference to in the second blog entry. But, normally I do choose to writing the assignments given to me. Also I normally do not have others revise my work due to me wanting to show what I can do and not what a small army can do.

No comments: